Close Menu
    • Automotive
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Health
    • Lifestyle
    • Luxury
    • News
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Travel
    KSA Globe: Saudi Arabia in global context.KSA Globe: Saudi Arabia in global context.
    • Home
    • Contact Us
    KSA Globe: Saudi Arabia in global context.KSA Globe: Saudi Arabia in global context.
    Home » Second phase of India’s petroleum reserves programme begins
    Business

    Second phase of India’s petroleum reserves programme begins

    July 29, 2021
    Facebook WhatsApp Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Telegram Tumblr Email Reddit VKontakte
    India is expanding its strategic petroleum reserves programme, the Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas, Rameswar Teli, told the lower House of Parliament, the Lok Sabha. In the second phase of its petroleum reserves programme, approvals were given this month for establishing two additional commercial-cum-strategic storage facilities with a total capacity of 6.5 million metric tonnes (MMT) in underground storage structures. The approvals were announced by the Minister today in reply to questions from Lok Sabha members.
    Second phase of India's petroleum reserves programme begins

    In the first phase of India’s strategic petroleum reserves programme, an agreement to store oil from Abu Dhabi at strategic petroleum reserves in India was signed between the two sides in January 2017 during a visit by His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, to New Delhi.

    Following the agreement, first cargo of crude oil from the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) was shipped to India 16 months later as reported by the Emirates News Agency, WAM, on 12th May 2018. Subsequent shipments have been ongoing as part of the agreement. The expansion of India’s strategic petroleum reserves into its second phase envisages new facilities at Chandikhol in Odisha state with 4 MMT capacity and another at Padur in Karnataka state with 2.5 MMT capacity.
    Both facilities will be built by way of public-private partnerships. The Request for Proposals (RFPs) for building these new facilities is under finalization, Teli said. The government had allocated Indian rupees 2.1 billion (US$ 155.4 billion) in its budget for last year for land acquisition for the expansion in the second phase.

    Related Posts

    Egypt’s Monetary Policy Stability Amid Inflation and Reserves Growth

    August 21, 2026

    Record-Breaking Trade in Japan for July Driven by Rising Imports and Exports

    August 21, 2026

    Wall Street Gains Triggered by Expanded Treasury Debt Buybacks

    August 20, 2026

    Decline in Gold Prices as Expectations for Fed Rate Hikes Diminish

    August 15, 2026

    Rise in Global Electric Vehicle Sales by 9% in July 2026

    August 14, 2026

    July Surge in South Korean Auto Shipments Reaching $6.24 Billion

    August 14, 2026
    Latest News

    Egypt’s Monetary Policy Stability Amid Inflation and Reserves Growth

    August 21, 2026

    Ebola Response Boosted by 70,000 Doses for DR Congo

    August 21, 2026

    Record-Breaking Trade in Japan for July Driven by Rising Imports and Exports

    August 21, 2026

    Wall Street Gains Triggered by Expanded Treasury Debt Buybacks

    August 20, 2026
    © 2026 KSA Globe | All Rights Reserved
    • Home
    • Contact Us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.